Non-profit board service is a wonderful way to enhance your life and your work. There are over 75,000 charities in Canada, each and every charity could benefit from the effective leadership a well-run volunteer board of directors.
Serving on a board of a local community organization is an opportunity for you to gain leadership experience, build meaningful connection to your neighbours and expand your professional networks, as well as, contribute to the causes you are passionate about to make a positive difference in the world.
Thank you for your interest in the BoardMatch program. We welcome your participation and wish you success in becoming a board member in the charity or not-for-profit organization of your choice.
The value of charitable board service
- Share your expertise
- Give back to the causes you care about
- Expand knowledge, experience and diversity of thought
- Charities with professional and effective boards gain credibility with funders and supporters
- Grow professional networks
- Expose yourself to other industries and different business strategies
- Open yourself to others ideas, different perspectives to advance a common goal
- Learn to communicate with others from diverse backgrounds
- Strengthen professional creditability
- Support and strengthen your community
What is BoardMatch?
BoardMatch is a free online service that matches skilled professionals with volunteer leadership positions in charities where the need and values align.
- Search charity postings
- Sign up for email alerts for postings that match your interests
- Apply for charitable board positions
BoardMatch has postings from organizations representing 25 interest areas, large to small, national to local scope, governance to working models. Find the right board and right position for you.