BoardMatch Introduction for Charities
There are over 75,000 registered charities in Canada. Each charity depends on a dedicated board of directors to govern and guide the organization towards achieving its goals and make a positive impact in the community.
How do grow your charity? How do you engage different perspectives? How do you continue to challenge yourself? A great board of directors will shape and lead your organization with confidence.
To help your charity become stronger and more diverse, register with BoardMatch.
BoardMatch helps charities find energetic, engaged and professional individuals seeking
leadership opportunities outside their work lives. Assemble a board of directors with the varied professional skills that your organization needs for financial oversight, maintain healthy operations, develop strategies and plan for the future. Register your organization with BoardMatch today.
The value of expanding your board search beyond your immediate networks:
- Diversity of thought
- Diversity and inclusion
- Fresh ideas
- Expand the board’s skill set
- Marketing your organization to potential clients and donors
Why find board of directors with BoardMatch?
- Professional candidates with a range of skills and experience including finance, accounting, marketing, law and fundraising
- Candidates specifically interested in contributing in leadership roles
- Candidates who already have an understanding of the role and responsibilities of not-for-profit board of directors
- BoardMatch Leaders Alumni have additional knowledge of the non-profit sector and what it takes to be effective from day one
- Candidates with supportive employers who encourage volunteerism with time off and donations
For step-by-step guide on how to register your organization with BoardMatch please see the Agency Help manual.
Our candidates include:
- Employees from all of Canada’s top 5 banks
- Consultants from top accounting and strategy firms
- Non-profit leaders
Register for BoardMatch today to find candidates with the interest and skills your charity needs.
“By providing board orientation and training with BoardMatch Leaders in-person training and BoardMatch Fundamentals online orientation,candidates from BoardMatch already know about governance structure so they are well educated about non-profits when they start on a board.
BoardMatch does a really great job of matching candidates to agencies who need a certain skill set.”
– Marissa Bastidas, Executive Director, Accommodation Information and Support (AIS)