Introduction to BoardMatch for Corporations
BoardMatch helps companies engage their employees in their communities in meaningful leadership roles. We train employees for volunteer leadership opportunities in the charitable sector and we connect employees to the charities who need them to lead.
When companies partner with BoardMatch they are investing in their employees and in their communities — amplifying their positive impact in the world. It is a win for the companies, a win for the employees and a win for the charities.
Partnership opportunities with BoardMatch
Employees, particularly high potential employees, are looking to make meaningful contributions to their communities. They value employers who encourage and support them, in and out of the workplace, to make a difference.
By partnering with Altruvest you are investing in your employees and your community.
- Leadership Development
- Skills Development
- Support building stronger charities
- Retain high-performers: engaged and interest employees are more likely to stay and deliver better services
- Diversity of thought: board service is an opportunity for employees to meet and engage with people outside their regular workday and social circles - challenging their ideas and learn how to work with a broad spectrum of individuals - thus helping them serve corporate clients and stakeholders better
- Networking: engage with other leaders in cross business disciplines and companies, opportunity to develop professional relationships in the non-profit and for-profit sector
- Recruitment: millennials are searching to work for companies that actively engage with employees to make a positive impact in the world
- Reputation - raise brand awareness: working with BoardMatch signifies your company is serious about your role in nfp governance and amplifying community impact
- You can proudly communicate your company-wide commitment to volunteerism
Employees who are empowered to make fulfilling, meaningful contributions are happier employees and are better performing employees.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org about partnership, sponsorship and training opportunities.
Employee Leadership, Development & Volunteerism
Opportunities for events and customized training:
In House Training
Customized training sessions and “lunch and learns”on topics such as:
- Why board service is good for your career
- Foundations of volunteer leadership
- Good governance, accountability and strategy
- Non-profit policies and procedures
- Board meeting management
- Non-profit financials
- Board's role in fundraising
- In-house BoardMatch Leaders program - offered as full-day or two half-days for 10 or more participants
- Get on board - network with leadership staff and current board members of not-for-profit organizations
- Panel discussions about board service
Customized board position search
Personalized search to help employees find the best board position for them.
BoardMatch Leaders Board Search Support
- Employees benefit from individual consultation with our board search advisor to explore interests and clarify your objectives.
- Identify one or more option(s) of interest and our advisor works employees to facilitate introduction(s) to the board nomination representative(s)
- Our advisor is available for consultation, support, and follow up through the application process
Please contact us at email@example.com to find out more about in house training and employee engagement event opportunities.
“The number of our people sitting on these types of boards increased from FY14, when 451 individuals held directorships. Results are based on each individual's unique experiences and commitment to the boards they're on. This increase can also be attributed to our continued dedication to a board match program in collaboration with Altruvest Charitable Services that helps our staff to be matched to board positions more efficiently.”
Our Partners - Recognition
Donations and Sponsorship Opportunities
Help us continue our work and keep BoardMatch free for candidates and charities, make a corporate donation to Altruvest.
Consider sponsoring BoardMatch Fundamental technology, BoardMatch Leaders, Governance Thought Leaders or other upcoming events. Contact Susan Dunne for sponsorship opportunities and packages: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Altruvest is pleased to acknowledge these leading organizations that support our vision of strengthening Canadian communities by fostering performance improvement in the charitable sector.
The Counselling Foundation of Canada
Ontario Trillium Foundation
Martiz (now Bond Brand Loyalty)