Altruvest is committed to strengthening Canadian communities by fostering performance improvement in the charitable sector
Altruvest expands the talent pool and enhances the governance skills of charitable sector boards by introducing and training new volunteers from the corporate sector to charitable board service; provide senior and emerging charitable leaders with board governance and leadership training; and act as a public advocate for good governance.
Board service is a true “win win win” – individuals win, the charities win and the communities win.
People contribute, develop and strengthen their skills around the board table in new sectors and new environments.
Altruvest’s impact can be felt in communities across Canada. We help charities and individuals connect, we advise and consult charity leadership in governance and we partner with companies to improve employee engagement with their communities and with each other.
Over the past 20 years, Altruvest has:
- With BoardMatch, has helped match over 3000 people with charitable boards positions
- 1000+ charities participate in the BoardMatch program
- We have 1300+ active candidates in Canada, at any time, searching for the right board positions
- Charities we’ve helped find board and committee members for a range of sectors: healthcare, human rights, social services, – National, regional and local charities
- Trained over 800 corporate employees on board governance through our BoardMatch Leaders program
- Trained over 250 senior charity staff leaders on board governance through our Board Leadership programs
- Developed and implemented employee talent & volunteer engagement programs at companies such as PWC, Manulife, CIBC, Royal Bank, to name a few.