Why use BoardMatch to find board of directors?
BoardMatch has a pool of over 1000 candidates with exceptional professional credentials looking for opportunities to give back to their communities.
Who are BoardMatch candidates?
- BoardMatch candidates are a diverse group of professionals with range of skills and experiences. Among are accountants, lawyers, people working in finance, consulting, marketing and human resources.
- 50% of candidates are new to board service
- Most of our candidates, live or work in the Greater Toronto Area, but we also have pools of candidates in Vancouver, Calgary and others throughout Canada.
- Many candidates volunteer efforts are supported by their workplaces with noprofit board training, time-off to volunteer and donations.
Are BoardMatch candidates pre-screened?
No, BoardMatch does not pre-screen nor verify background information provided by prospective board candidates and participating agencies. Parties are encouraged and expected to engage in their own due diligence exercise as the matching process progresses.
Can BoardMatch help our dysfunctional board?
If your board and executive director are facing challenges, we can help. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to explore options and come up with a plan that works for you.
Our charity has a BoardMatch account but I can’t access it.
If you can’t log into your organization’s account please email email@example.com.
The accounts are identified by unique email address, if you don’t have access to the email account you won’t be able to reset the password. Email us, we will update your organization’s registration information and send you a new password.
Our charity has multiple accounts, which one do we use?
Let us know the active account you want to access and use. We will help you deactivate the other accounts, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
What do I need to register my charity with BoardMatch?
Have the following information on hand before you start the registration process and posting:
- Canadian Registered Number or Not for profit number
- Primary contact for board business
- Short write-up about your organization’s mission and goals
- Annual operating budget
- Number of staff and volunteers
- Challenges facing your board – if any
- Where are your board meetings held?
- When are your board meetings?
- How would you describe your organization’s stage of development?
- Current board Size and maximum board size